I Have a 1870's House. It is Has old style plaster walls throughout.I need help in repairing the exterior walls inside. The plaster is directly onto the brick walls. There are big areas that are falling off and loose. I need to know what materials are needed to fix these areas and the process of repairing it.Im going to drywall the rest of the walls but the outside walls are brick and plaster.
You may need to talk to a plaster person in your area. Before any work, you may want to blow in some insulation - you probably don't have it. It's a lot of work, but from the inside you would need to scrape off the paint and get down to the plaster level. Then put some adhesive compound on the plaster and put a wire mesh on it, then skim coat it. Then you can paint. You may need to have the outside re-pointed by a mason.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight