I Have a 1870's House. It is Has old style plaster walls throughout.I need help in repairing the exterior walls inside. The plaster is directly onto the brick walls. There are big areas that are falling off and loose. I need to know what materials are needed to fix these areas and the process of repairing it.Im going to drywall the rest of the walls but the outside walls are brick and plaster.
You may need to talk to a plaster person in your area. Before any work, you may want to blow in some insulation - you probably don't have it. It's a lot of work, but from the inside you would need to scrape off the paint and get down to the plaster level. Then put some adhesive compound on the plaster and put a wire mesh on it, then skim coat it. Then you can paint. You may need to have the outside re-pointed by a mason.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!