My suggestion - if you want the same color throughout is to paint.
I would recommend one coat of Glidden Ultra-Hide Gripper and two coats of Glidden Evermore Satin finish coat (you can use Evermore Semi-Gloss if you want the finish to be shinier)
Make sure your trim is clean and dry - apply a coat of the Gripper - after it is dry (4 hrs) sand - wipe with a damp cloth - dry and apply the Evermore topcoat.
Gripper and Evermore are both available at The Home Depot.
ps - Glidden is coming out with a new color selection - they are adding 300 new colors - check it out at THD
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!