My suggestion - if you want the same color throughout is to paint.
I would recommend one coat of Glidden Ultra-Hide Gripper and two coats of Glidden Evermore Satin finish coat (you can use Evermore Semi-Gloss if you want the finish to be shinier)
Make sure your trim is clean and dry - apply a coat of the Gripper - after it is dry (4 hrs) sand - wipe with a damp cloth - dry and apply the Evermore topcoat.
Gripper and Evermore are both available at The Home Depot.
ps - Glidden is coming out with a new color selection - they are adding 300 new colors - check it out at THD
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight