painting walls advice/do i need to primer?
Also check and see if the paint company makes the color you want in red base which will make a world of difference in the coverage.
Second of all - if it is a Ralph Lauren Paint color you have - make sure you get the RL Deeptone Primer to go with it.
It tints to a colour that is very close to the top coats.
With this primer you should be able to cover in three coats of finish - so that would be four all together......
Without a primer very close in colour (pink - or white) you could see 5-7 coats and still not get the correct colour or coverage.
Tinting primer is a waste of time and money.
Primer is not needed when changing 'sheen'.
Hope this helps out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs