painting walls advice/do i need to primer?
Also check and see if the paint company makes the color you want in red base which will make a world of difference in the coverage.
Second of all - if it is a Ralph Lauren Paint color you have - make sure you get the RL Deeptone Primer to go with it.
It tints to a colour that is very close to the top coats.
With this primer you should be able to cover in three coats of finish - so that would be four all together......
Without a primer very close in colour (pink - or white) you could see 5-7 coats and still not get the correct colour or coverage.
Tinting primer is a waste of time and money.
Primer is not needed when changing 'sheen'.
Hope this helps out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!