I own a house built in 1959 and it has a "walkaround" corner fireplace. It was built with red bricks which has been painted an ugly gray. I was thinking of drywalling the fireplace instead of removing the gray paint from the bricks (which would take forever). How can this be done?
Are you saying that you intend to cover the fireplace over, or that you want to put drywall over the bricks and then still use the fireplace?
About the only way I can think of attaching is by gluing it to the bricks? I have attached things to brick walls with anchors, but I'm not sure how you would hit the anchors with the drywall in place. Possibly you could prop the drywall up and drill pilot holes through it into the mortor, take down the drywall and install anchors, then screw on the drywall through the pilot holes.
removing plaster from bricks
Help, my beautiful brick fireplace has paint on it!
drywall to brick
Backyard brick fireplace
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes