Removing paint from wood stairs
I have a pine stair case that was painted by the prior ownwer and I'd like to remove the paint on it. What are some of the better less toxic, smelling liquid solutions available? Also, the railing which is not painted has a rather smooth finished look and feel to it. What are my options for staining or painting?
ICI Paint Stores has a Devoe Coatings product called Hydro-Strip. It is water based - easy to use - and man does it work!
See if your Home Depot store could have their Glidden rep order it.
Also, you might check and see if there are any Devoe Paint, or Fuller O'Brien Dealers where you are - they should be able to order the product for you too. (this would be my first course of action)
FYI there is a little known Buttermilk And LeadBase paint stripper that will strip them both in a very short time. Besides the stripper there is nothing else to buy.To neutralize the chemical all you need is cold water. the whole process usally takes less than a few hours. for more infomation on this unique stripper contact Mr. Thomas House @ 1-888-314-2235 or e-mail him [email protected]
Try Lo-wells,H-irshfields,S-herwin Williams,M-enards, if I don't space the words Villa's web board is very biased and will blot out the other store names.
I purchased Peel Away 6 and it works great! I decided to go with 6 because I only have two layers to remove. After today I realized that the second layer might be stain. I say this because the first layer peels away very easy however, the second is brown is color and I have to really scrap it to get it off. Any idea what I can use to remove stain?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees