Removing paint from wood stairs
I have a pine stair case that was painted by the prior ownwer and I'd like to remove the paint on it. What are some of the better less toxic, smelling liquid solutions available? Also, the railing which is not painted has a rather smooth finished look and feel to it. What are my options for staining or painting?
ICI Paint Stores has a Devoe Coatings product called Hydro-Strip. It is water based - easy to use - and man does it work!
See if your Home Depot store could have their Glidden rep order it.
Also, you might check and see if there are any Devoe Paint, or Fuller O'Brien Dealers where you are - they should be able to order the product for you too. (this would be my first course of action)
FYI there is a little known Buttermilk And LeadBase paint stripper that will strip them both in a very short time. Besides the stripper there is nothing else to buy.To neutralize the chemical all you need is cold water. the whole process usally takes less than a few hours. for more infomation on this unique stripper contact Mr. Thomas House @ 1-888-314-2235 or e-mail him firstname.lastname@example.org
Try Lo-wells,H-irshfields,S-herwin Williams,M-enards, if I don't space the words Villa's web board is very biased and will blot out the other store names.
I purchased Peel Away 6 and it works great! I decided to go with 6 because I only have two layers to remove. After today I realized that the second layer might be stain. I say this because the first layer peels away very easy however, the second is brown is color and I have to really scrap it to get it off. Any idea what I can use to remove stain?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight