Removing paint from wood stairs
I have a pine stair case that was painted by the prior ownwer and I'd like to remove the paint on it. What are some of the better less toxic, smelling liquid solutions available? Also, the railing which is not painted has a rather smooth finished look and feel to it. What are my options for staining or painting?
ICI Paint Stores has a Devoe Coatings product called Hydro-Strip. It is water based - easy to use - and man does it work!
See if your Home Depot store could have their Glidden rep order it.
Also, you might check and see if there are any Devoe Paint, or Fuller O'Brien Dealers where you are - they should be able to order the product for you too. (this would be my first course of action)
FYI there is a little known Buttermilk And LeadBase paint stripper that will strip them both in a very short time. Besides the stripper there is nothing else to buy.To neutralize the chemical all you need is cold water. the whole process usally takes less than a few hours. for more infomation on this unique stripper contact Mr. Thomas House @ 1-888-314-2235 or e-mail him email@example.com
Try Lo-wells,H-irshfields,S-herwin Williams,M-enards, if I don't space the words Villa's web board is very biased and will blot out the other store names.
I purchased Peel Away 6 and it works great! I decided to go with 6 because I only have two layers to remove. After today I realized that the second layer might be stain. I say this because the first layer peels away very easy however, the second is brown is color and I have to really scrap it to get it off. Any idea what I can use to remove stain?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!