Paint grasscloth wallpaper????
You can use Glidden Ultra-Hide Gripper to prime it. Topcoat with two coats of Glidden Evermore/Ultra-Hide/Ralph Lauren - in a color and sheen of your choice.
Having said that, painted grasscloth - in my opinion - doesn't look very good - in fact it can look a great deal like faux grasscloth wallpaper - yuck!
Also - you need to test an area first - the chemicals in even latex paint can make the grasscloth come off.
I personally would either decorate around it - or remove it.
If you want a slightly textured wall - check out Ralph Lauren Linen Technique - it is easy to do - and it looks and FEELS! like Linen. Check it out at RLHOME.POLO.COM
I have seen it painted and it looks fine and it is darn sight easier than removing it.
Go for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight