Paint grasscloth wallpaper????
You can use Glidden Ultra-Hide Gripper to prime it. Topcoat with two coats of Glidden Evermore/Ultra-Hide/Ralph Lauren - in a color and sheen of your choice.
Having said that, painted grasscloth - in my opinion - doesn't look very good - in fact it can look a great deal like faux grasscloth wallpaper - yuck!
Also - you need to test an area first - the chemicals in even latex paint can make the grasscloth come off.
I personally would either decorate around it - or remove it.
If you want a slightly textured wall - check out Ralph Lauren Linen Technique - it is easy to do - and it looks and FEELS! like Linen. Check it out at RLHOME.POLO.COM
I have seen it painted and it looks fine and it is darn sight easier than removing it.
Go for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects