Paint grasscloth wallpaper????
You can use Glidden Ultra-Hide Gripper to prime it. Topcoat with two coats of Glidden Evermore/Ultra-Hide/Ralph Lauren - in a color and sheen of your choice.
Having said that, painted grasscloth - in my opinion - doesn't look very good - in fact it can look a great deal like faux grasscloth wallpaper - yuck!
Also - you need to test an area first - the chemicals in even latex paint can make the grasscloth come off.
I personally would either decorate around it - or remove it.
If you want a slightly textured wall - check out Ralph Lauren Linen Technique - it is easy to do - and it looks and FEELS! like Linen. Check it out at RLHOME.POLO.COM
I have seen it painted and it looks fine and it is darn sight easier than removing it.
Go for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!