Also all the companies mentioned here have good paints and they all have some that are junk. In defence of promar 700, it is apartment paint for goodness sakes and can't be compared to high end paint ,and i am sure ICI has one MR. Paint.
I still say you are going to get the best advise from a store that sells just paint than you are in a big box. I work for a company (Duron) that makes it paint and for the most part sells it in it's own stores. I live in Richmond, Va and we sell way more than ICI, so they are not that big everywhere.
By the way - I know Duron is huge in Mid-Atlantic and parts south.
Duron is the 29th largest paint company in the world. (Source - Coatingsworld.com - July 2003)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!