Also all the companies mentioned here have good paints and they all have some that are junk. In defence of promar 700, it is apartment paint for goodness sakes and can't be compared to high end paint ,and i am sure ICI has one MR. Paint.
I still say you are going to get the best advise from a store that sells just paint than you are in a big box. I work for a company (Duron) that makes it paint and for the most part sells it in it's own stores. I live in Richmond, Va and we sell way more than ICI, so they are not that big everywhere.
By the way - I know Duron is huge in Mid-Atlantic and parts south.
Duron is the 29th largest paint company in the world. (Source - Coatingsworld.com - July 2003)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects