Thanks in advance.
Campbell Hausfeld HV1000 Paint Sprayer
Thanks in advance.
I assume you are going to use latex - not oil?
Unless you know how to spray - stick with a really good paint and a really good brush
RL is a great paint - Purdy is a great brush
Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to use latex. I do only use Purdy brushes (found out a long time ago that you get what you pay for).
My biggest concern is doors. With a brush, I always end up with brush marks, due to drying of previous sections. These are masonite six-panel doors on which I want a smooth finish. Any suggestions on how to obtain it? What about hiring a painter to spray my doors (total 12)? Would you be able to suggest an estimated cost?
Sorry for all the questions, and many thanks for your advice.
You could hire a painter to spray them. Make sure you get one who does cabinet work - they know how to spray. Cabinet grade work and spraying latex on walls are two different things! It has been so long since I knew anyone who did this kind of work - I don't know how much it would cost.
You also could do it yourself. Either use a very good quality latex - like Ralph Lauren - very good latexes brush and and roll and level better than lower quality ones.
You also could try a new product from ICI called Advanced Alkyd or Mirro-Lac Speed (depending on where it is sold). This product is a new water reduceable alkyd. It brushes, flows, and levels like an alkyd (smooth as glass) but has low odor, cleans up with soap and water, and dries in a few hours.
I would recommend this product if you want to do it yourself - it is beautiful.
You should be able to find it at an ICI Paint Store or a Devoe Paint Dealer.
Hope that helps!
Let me know what you decide to do!
Durable finish for Cabinets?
Ralph Lauren faux paint techniques
Where to buy acrylic paint to spray paint wood.
Ralph Lauren Suede, RIVER ROCK/BEHR SANDWASH THE EAS...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects