Thanks in advance.
Campbell Hausfeld HV1000 Paint Sprayer
Thanks in advance.
I assume you are going to use latex - not oil?
Unless you know how to spray - stick with a really good paint and a really good brush
RL is a great paint - Purdy is a great brush
Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to use latex. I do only use Purdy brushes (found out a long time ago that you get what you pay for).
My biggest concern is doors. With a brush, I always end up with brush marks, due to drying of previous sections. These are masonite six-panel doors on which I want a smooth finish. Any suggestions on how to obtain it? What about hiring a painter to spray my doors (total 12)? Would you be able to suggest an estimated cost?
Sorry for all the questions, and many thanks for your advice.
You could hire a painter to spray them. Make sure you get one who does cabinet work - they know how to spray. Cabinet grade work and spraying latex on walls are two different things! It has been so long since I knew anyone who did this kind of work - I don't know how much it would cost.
You also could do it yourself. Either use a very good quality latex - like Ralph Lauren - very good latexes brush and and roll and level better than lower quality ones.
You also could try a new product from ICI called Advanced Alkyd or Mirro-Lac Speed (depending on where it is sold). This product is a new water reduceable alkyd. It brushes, flows, and levels like an alkyd (smooth as glass) but has low odor, cleans up with soap and water, and dries in a few hours.
I would recommend this product if you want to do it yourself - it is beautiful.
You should be able to find it at an ICI Paint Store or a Devoe Paint Dealer.
Hope that helps!
Let me know what you decide to do!
Durable finish for Cabinets?
Ralph Lauren faux paint techniques
Where to buy acrylic paint to spray paint wood.
Ralph Lauren Suede, RIVER ROCK/BEHR SANDWASH THE EAS...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps