Thanks in advance.
Campbell Hausfeld HV1000 Paint Sprayer
Thanks in advance.
I assume you are going to use latex - not oil?
Unless you know how to spray - stick with a really good paint and a really good brush
RL is a great paint - Purdy is a great brush
Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to use latex. I do only use Purdy brushes (found out a long time ago that you get what you pay for).
My biggest concern is doors. With a brush, I always end up with brush marks, due to drying of previous sections. These are masonite six-panel doors on which I want a smooth finish. Any suggestions on how to obtain it? What about hiring a painter to spray my doors (total 12)? Would you be able to suggest an estimated cost?
Sorry for all the questions, and many thanks for your advice.
You could hire a painter to spray them. Make sure you get one who does cabinet work - they know how to spray. Cabinet grade work and spraying latex on walls are two different things! It has been so long since I knew anyone who did this kind of work - I don't know how much it would cost.
You also could do it yourself. Either use a very good quality latex - like Ralph Lauren - very good latexes brush and and roll and level better than lower quality ones.
You also could try a new product from ICI called Advanced Alkyd or Mirro-Lac Speed (depending on where it is sold). This product is a new water reduceable alkyd. It brushes, flows, and levels like an alkyd (smooth as glass) but has low odor, cleans up with soap and water, and dries in a few hours.
I would recommend this product if you want to do it yourself - it is beautiful.
You should be able to find it at an ICI Paint Store or a Devoe Paint Dealer.
Hope that helps!
Let me know what you decide to do!
Durable finish for Cabinets?
Ralph Lauren faux paint techniques
Where to buy acrylic paint to spray paint wood.
Ralph Lauren Suede, RIVER ROCK/BEHR SANDWASH THE EAS...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps