I have some custom doors that were hung in my place and the finish is very bumpy instead of smooth. The finish is white latex gloss paint. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Sanding it is the easiest way to do it. Adding more paint will only add to the bumps and "valleys" fairly equally, not level it out much. You also don't want so much paint caked on the door so that it fills in the "valleys" between the bumps.
Im not sure if you redid these yet,but I would lightly sand them,not completely down,most likely the person who painted them before never sanded between coats or tacked clothed it so if you light sand it will prolly bring down the bumps (high spots) feel it with your hand if it feels smooth repaint,if still feels bumpy sand some more till it is smooth.
REPAINTING BATHROOM WALL
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Painting "bumpy" ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps