I have some custom doors that were hung in my place and the finish is very bumpy instead of smooth. The finish is white latex gloss paint. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Sanding it is the easiest way to do it. Adding more paint will only add to the bumps and "valleys" fairly equally, not level it out much. You also don't want so much paint caked on the door so that it fills in the "valleys" between the bumps.
Im not sure if you redid these yet,but I would lightly sand them,not completely down,most likely the person who painted them before never sanded between coats or tacked clothed it so if you light sand it will prolly bring down the bumps (high spots) feel it with your hand if it feels smooth repaint,if still feels bumpy sand some more till it is smooth.
REPAINTING BATHROOM WALL
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Painting "bumpy" ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes