I have some custom doors that were hung in my place and the finish is very bumpy instead of smooth. The finish is white latex gloss paint. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Sanding it is the easiest way to do it. Adding more paint will only add to the bumps and "valleys" fairly equally, not level it out much. You also don't want so much paint caked on the door so that it fills in the "valleys" between the bumps.
Im not sure if you redid these yet,but I would lightly sand them,not completely down,most likely the person who painted them before never sanded between coats or tacked clothed it so if you light sand it will prolly bring down the bumps (high spots) feel it with your hand if it feels smooth repaint,if still feels bumpy sand some more till it is smooth.
REPAINTING BATHROOM WALL
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Painting "bumpy" ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs