Wood look metal door
I would just rub it with my hand first - then perhaps a very fine sandpaper - say 400 grit.
Make sure you are using a good quality Spar Varnish.
Why did the clear come off? Do you have a storm door to protect it? Is it at the bottom where it gets hit and kicked?
If you don't have a storm door for it - you might want to look into one.
As for it getting kicked - a nice brass kickplate would look really nice on a woodgrained door - and eliminate the wear issue at the bottom of the door.
Remember a house is never maintenance free.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING