Wood look metal door
I would just rub it with my hand first - then perhaps a very fine sandpaper - say 400 grit.
Make sure you are using a good quality Spar Varnish.
Why did the clear come off? Do you have a storm door to protect it? Is it at the bottom where it gets hit and kicked?
If you don't have a storm door for it - you might want to look into one.
As for it getting kicked - a nice brass kickplate would look really nice on a woodgrained door - and eliminate the wear issue at the bottom of the door.
Remember a house is never maintenance free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects