type of house paint
You also might be referring to an elastomeric?
Most paint companies have similar products to these.
It sounds to me like you are trying to get away with one coat - no primer - and want it to last???
Do yourself a favor - regardless of the claims the manufacturer makes follow good painting procedures:
1. Clean - remove dirt/chalk/mildew
2. Scrape - whatever will come off.
3. Prime - with a top quality primer - I prefer oil on exterior wood - but latex is ok too.
4. Patch/caulk - any holes or cracks - with a top quality exterior caulk or patch.
5. Paint - with TWO coats of 100% acrylic exterior paint - top quality.
Use a great product - follow these steps - and it will last a long time - don't, and it won't!
There is no paint that will last a life time and if it does not all they will give you is another gallon of paint if you still have the receit that is.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda