type of house paint
You also might be referring to an elastomeric?
Most paint companies have similar products to these.
It sounds to me like you are trying to get away with one coat - no primer - and want it to last???
Do yourself a favor - regardless of the claims the manufacturer makes follow good painting procedures:
1. Clean - remove dirt/chalk/mildew
2. Scrape - whatever will come off.
3. Prime - with a top quality primer - I prefer oil on exterior wood - but latex is ok too.
4. Patch/caulk - any holes or cracks - with a top quality exterior caulk or patch.
5. Paint - with TWO coats of 100% acrylic exterior paint - top quality.
Use a great product - follow these steps - and it will last a long time - don't, and it won't!
There is no paint that will last a life time and if it does not all they will give you is another gallon of paint if you still have the receit that is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs