type of house paint
You also might be referring to an elastomeric?
Most paint companies have similar products to these.
It sounds to me like you are trying to get away with one coat - no primer - and want it to last???
Do yourself a favor - regardless of the claims the manufacturer makes follow good painting procedures:
1. Clean - remove dirt/chalk/mildew
2. Scrape - whatever will come off.
3. Prime - with a top quality primer - I prefer oil on exterior wood - but latex is ok too.
4. Patch/caulk - any holes or cracks - with a top quality exterior caulk or patch.
5. Paint - with TWO coats of 100% acrylic exterior paint - top quality.
Use a great product - follow these steps - and it will last a long time - don't, and it won't!
There is no paint that will last a life time and if it does not all they will give you is another gallon of paint if you still have the receit that is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps