My home has cedar exterior that has been stained black. Can the color be lightened by using non transparent stain? I love the home, but the black has got to go. Also...the color (black stained cedar) goes throughout the whole upstairs...beams in the ceiling, etc. Thank you for any help anyone can give me!!!!!
YOu can apply a solid stain and get any color you want. Check with a paint store in your area on what their system would be. If there is a Duron paint store in your area the product you will want to get is the Maxwood Acrylic Solid Stain 28 series. This product is self priming on new and old wood but bear in mind with black siding you may have to apply 3 coats if you go with a very light color.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!