My home has cedar exterior that has been stained black. Can the color be lightened by using non transparent stain? I love the home, but the black has got to go. Also...the color (black stained cedar) goes throughout the whole upstairs...beams in the ceiling, etc. Thank you for any help anyone can give me!!!!!
YOu can apply a solid stain and get any color you want. Check with a paint store in your area on what their system would be. If there is a Duron paint store in your area the product you will want to get is the Maxwood Acrylic Solid Stain 28 series. This product is self priming on new and old wood but bear in mind with black siding you may have to apply 3 coats if you go with a very light color.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight