Hard coat finish - self leveling additive??
What type of finish is on your cabinets now?
If you want a really glossy finish you can use Duron DTM Acrylic Gloss and add some Flood Floetrol which will give you more open time and improve leveling and apply with a foam roller cover. The DTM products have more gloss than a regular acrylic product and will work fine or your cabinets even though they were designed originally for metal.
Before you paint your cabinets be sure they are clean of grease and dirt by washing with TSP and warm water.
It comes in a 2 part system and you pour it on and let it sit it get's thick and hardens up.
Places such as m enards ,home depot,and almost all paint stores sell it.
It cannot ever be sparayed or brushed it self levels and is really glossy.
Darn I can't remeber the name of it.
Will get the name for you if you'd like or maybe someelse knows what it's called.
[This message has been edited by retisin (edited June 15, 2003).]
The product your are talking about is made just for table & bar tops and not for the front and sides of cabinets. It does hold up great on these surfaces though and I can't remember the name either but there are several brands out there and most paint stores should have it or can get it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps