Hard coat finish - self leveling additive??
What type of finish is on your cabinets now?
If you want a really glossy finish you can use Duron DTM Acrylic Gloss and add some Flood Floetrol which will give you more open time and improve leveling and apply with a foam roller cover. The DTM products have more gloss than a regular acrylic product and will work fine or your cabinets even though they were designed originally for metal.
Before you paint your cabinets be sure they are clean of grease and dirt by washing with TSP and warm water.
It comes in a 2 part system and you pour it on and let it sit it get's thick and hardens up.
Places such as m enards ,home depot,and almost all paint stores sell it.
It cannot ever be sparayed or brushed it self levels and is really glossy.
Darn I can't remeber the name of it.
Will get the name for you if you'd like or maybe someelse knows what it's called.
[This message has been edited by retisin (edited June 15, 2003).]
The product your are talking about is made just for table & bar tops and not for the front and sides of cabinets. It does hold up great on these surfaces though and I can't remember the name either but there are several brands out there and most paint stores should have it or can get it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects