I want to paint my basement walls but I don't know which kind of paint to use. It is cement walls (some cement brick, some just cement) and it has been painted over before we moved in. Any advice would be great.
There are no mildew problems, and there isn't a moisture problem. The walls are in fine condition.
You should check to see if the walls are painted with latex or oil based paint. You can do this by putting some GOOF OFF on a rag and lightly rubbing the paint and if it softens the paint it is latex and if not it is oil based. Once you find out what you have on the walls now you can just repaint them with finish of your choice in that type of paint. If the walls are in latex now a good choice would be one of the bathrrom paints that has a built in mildewcide as basements are prime areas for mildew.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects