I want to paint my basement walls but I don't know which kind of paint to use. It is cement walls (some cement brick, some just cement) and it has been painted over before we moved in. Any advice would be great.
There are no mildew problems, and there isn't a moisture problem. The walls are in fine condition.
You should check to see if the walls are painted with latex or oil based paint. You can do this by putting some GOOF OFF on a rag and lightly rubbing the paint and if it softens the paint it is latex and if not it is oil based. Once you find out what you have on the walls now you can just repaint them with finish of your choice in that type of paint. If the walls are in latex now a good choice would be one of the bathrrom paints that has a built in mildewcide as basements are prime areas for mildew.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love