I want to paint my basement walls but I don't know which kind of paint to use. It is cement walls (some cement brick, some just cement) and it has been painted over before we moved in. Any advice would be great.
There are no mildew problems, and there isn't a moisture problem. The walls are in fine condition.
You should check to see if the walls are painted with latex or oil based paint. You can do this by putting some GOOF OFF on a rag and lightly rubbing the paint and if it softens the paint it is latex and if not it is oil based. Once you find out what you have on the walls now you can just repaint them with finish of your choice in that type of paint. If the walls are in latex now a good choice would be one of the bathrrom paints that has a built in mildewcide as basements are prime areas for mildew.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips