My son is a Nebraska fan and wants to have is room painted red&black is there a painting technique that I can do to get a blended affect with the 2 colors. I was thinking about putting the black as the base coat and the sponge painting the red on. Please let me know if this would be a cool blending technique? If not what kind of technique could I do to get these 2 colors on the wall blended?
There are many different "designs you can do, depending on youre personal taste and how wild you wanna ge! Youre idea black and then sponging on red is fine, nice contrast. You can also consider ragging on the red, or using a red glaze over the black. Or paint the bottom half black , like up to a chairail level and the upper red. How about 1 wall black and the opposite wall red , and a sponging combo of red and black on the other 2 walls? or if you really want to get creative stripe it ! ( maybe black on bottom and upper area stripped red and black? Any combo will work with those 2 colors
I agree with the post above, but I question the choice of red and black. Have you ever thought of going with maize and blue. It works well for the Wolverines. And Nebraska is no longer a powerhouse are they? Just joking. Good luck keep us posted. I like the stripe idea. Paint it red. Tape equal lines. Then paint the black. What about a solid red wall and a white N for Nebraska?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes