My son is a Nebraska fan and wants to have is room painted red&black is there a painting technique that I can do to get a blended affect with the 2 colors. I was thinking about putting the black as the base coat and the sponge painting the red on. Please let me know if this would be a cool blending technique? If not what kind of technique could I do to get these 2 colors on the wall blended?
There are many different "designs you can do, depending on youre personal taste and how wild you wanna ge! Youre idea black and then sponging on red is fine, nice contrast. You can also consider ragging on the red, or using a red glaze over the black. Or paint the bottom half black , like up to a chairail level and the upper red. How about 1 wall black and the opposite wall red , and a sponging combo of red and black on the other 2 walls? or if you really want to get creative stripe it ! ( maybe black on bottom and upper area stripped red and black? Any combo will work with those 2 colors
I agree with the post above, but I question the choice of red and black. Have you ever thought of going with maize and blue. It works well for the Wolverines. And Nebraska is no longer a powerhouse are they? Just joking. Good luck keep us posted. I like the stripe idea. Paint it red. Tape equal lines. Then paint the black. What about a solid red wall and a white N for Nebraska?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!