My son is a Nebraska fan and wants to have is room painted red&black is there a painting technique that I can do to get a blended affect with the 2 colors. I was thinking about putting the black as the base coat and the sponge painting the red on. Please let me know if this would be a cool blending technique? If not what kind of technique could I do to get these 2 colors on the wall blended?
There are many different "designs you can do, depending on youre personal taste and how wild you wanna ge! Youre idea black and then sponging on red is fine, nice contrast. You can also consider ragging on the red, or using a red glaze over the black. Or paint the bottom half black , like up to a chairail level and the upper red. How about 1 wall black and the opposite wall red , and a sponging combo of red and black on the other 2 walls? or if you really want to get creative stripe it ! ( maybe black on bottom and upper area stripped red and black? Any combo will work with those 2 colors
I agree with the post above, but I question the choice of red and black. Have you ever thought of going with maize and blue. It works well for the Wolverines. And Nebraska is no longer a powerhouse are they? Just joking. Good luck keep us posted. I like the stripe idea. Paint it red. Tape equal lines. Then paint the black. What about a solid red wall and a white N for Nebraska?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight