I AM GETTING READY TO PAINT OVER A TEXTURED CEILING. I HAVE HEARD TEN DIFFERENT HORROR STORIES ON DOING THIS. WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD FOR REPAINTING A POPCORN CEILING?
If it has been painted before it no different than painting a smooth ceiling, just use a good ceiling paint and at least a 3/4 inch nap roller. If it has not been painted the best way is to spray it to keep the texture from raining down on you but that is not always practical and best left to a proffesional painter. It can be rolled but you take the chance of a little or alot of texture coming off.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight