I just bought a home filled with Monkey Board (or Monkey Pod?)wood cabinents and shelves. The cabinents have white paint spatters all over them. How do I remove the paint without scratching or dulling the surface of the wood?
The only way you can remove paint from most any surface is a product called, "Goof Off", which removes latex or water based paint. Or, a regular paint thinnner for oil based paint. BUT either way it will probably dull or change the original wood surface. Id try these by taking a rag , and putting just alittle bit on the rag and rubbing it in a circular motion , ( in an inconspicuous spot), just to see what kind of paint it is, and if it loosens up or dilutes alittle when the product is applied. Its probably latex ( water based) so i would try the Goof Off first. Be patient it may take a bit to gently rub it out. Short of that , i dont know what else would work.
Paint thinner will not remove dried oil based paint. Lacquer will remove dried oil based paint but it may damage the surface.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes