I just bought a home filled with Monkey Board (or Monkey Pod?)wood cabinents and shelves. The cabinents have white paint spatters all over them. How do I remove the paint without scratching or dulling the surface of the wood?
The only way you can remove paint from most any surface is a product called, "Goof Off", which removes latex or water based paint. Or, a regular paint thinnner for oil based paint. BUT either way it will probably dull or change the original wood surface. Id try these by taking a rag , and putting just alittle bit on the rag and rubbing it in a circular motion , ( in an inconspicuous spot), just to see what kind of paint it is, and if it loosens up or dilutes alittle when the product is applied. Its probably latex ( water based) so i would try the Goof Off first. Be patient it may take a bit to gently rub it out. Short of that , i dont know what else would work.
Paint thinner will not remove dried oil based paint. Lacquer will remove dried oil based paint but it may damage the surface.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!