I watched an old episode of Trading Spaces and saw a neat paint idea. The designer painted the walls all one color and then taped 2 foot vertical stipes and painted them with polyurethane. It was gorgous! I would like to give it a try but can I just repaint over the poly when I get ready for a change? I plan on doing it in realitively small master bedroom, would the paint technique make our room look even smaller? Any advice would be appreicated!
When you're ready to change after the poly is applied etc ,,you can paint , but you will have to prime over it first with a sealing primer like Binz or Xim , Kilz etc. A light sanding on the poly would not hurt either before you prime. It wont make the room look small , it may even give a "raise" effect , just like a shirt with vertical lines does.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!