I have a few cracks along tape seams that I can't seem to fix. I was wondering about re-taping the seams. How do I go about doing this, and is there some special sort of fine tape I can use?
You will need to remove the old tape and replace with fibreglass tape and apply joint compound over this in at least 3 coats. Then you will need to prime and paint.
How do I remove the tape? These walls have been up for many years. I don't know for sure that these are old tape lines...but I am suspicious they are because of their locations.
You will need to remove the compound from on top of the tape with a stiff putty knife and then take out the tape that is bad.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers