I have a twenty-three year old home that has textured ceilings everywhere. I have painted all of them and they are all bright white, but the ceiling in the bathroom keeps growing mold, dispite anything I do to it. It does have a ceiling fan and we make sure we keep it clean. I want to remedy the problem so I don't have to keep maintaining this ceiling. I would eventually like to do them all. Any suggestions? Thanks
I have never been a fan of textured ceiling in bathrooms for this very reason as they tend to collect dirt and mildew quicker than a smooth ceiling. You may have to remove the texture or even the ceiling if the mildew has gotten into the drywall to get rid of this problem. The texture can be removed like wallpaper in alot of cases, but it may be just as easy to remove the ceiling an install a new one and that way you iwll know that you ahve gotten rid of the mildew.
When you repaint be sure to use one of the paints made for bathrooms as they do help in retarding the growth of mildew.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes