Need help with drywall joints
One year after moving into our newly-constructed home, we have drywall joints which are beginning to show up in the ceilings only. They feel smooth to the touch. We have a smooth finish on drywall ceilings. I believe that the paint job in the whole house was poor--we've slowly been repainting the entire house, but not the ceilings yet. Is this photographing, and if so do we need a skim coat, or will a decent paint job take care of the problem? If so, what kind of paint to use? Is the builder responsible for this, as the problem cropped up slightly before the one year warranty expired?
if it did show up before the 1 year warranty I hope you contacted him right away,if not i'd be doing this ASAP.Sorry don't have more info for you but you need to contact him.
Yes, I did contact him about this, and he just informed me today that he is "done" with us as far as this house is concerned. He says that I am expecting perfection where perfection is not possible. These joints are visible from about 20 feet away! I don't think I'm expecting perfection, just a decent looking home. I'm having a disagreement with him regarding a tile floor we've been having problems with since two months after we moved in as well. Getting pretty discouraged.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love