Need help with drywall joints
One year after moving into our newly-constructed home, we have drywall joints which are beginning to show up in the ceilings only. They feel smooth to the touch. We have a smooth finish on drywall ceilings. I believe that the paint job in the whole house was poor--we've slowly been repainting the entire house, but not the ceilings yet. Is this photographing, and if so do we need a skim coat, or will a decent paint job take care of the problem? If so, what kind of paint to use? Is the builder responsible for this, as the problem cropped up slightly before the one year warranty expired?
if it did show up before the 1 year warranty I hope you contacted him right away,if not i'd be doing this ASAP.Sorry don't have more info for you but you need to contact him.
Yes, I did contact him about this, and he just informed me today that he is "done" with us as far as this house is concerned. He says that I am expecting perfection where perfection is not possible. These joints are visible from about 20 feet away! I don't think I'm expecting perfection, just a decent looking home. I'm having a disagreement with him regarding a tile floor we've been having problems with since two months after we moved in as well. Getting pretty discouraged.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects