Need help with drywall joints
One year after moving into our newly-constructed home, we have drywall joints which are beginning to show up in the ceilings only. They feel smooth to the touch. We have a smooth finish on drywall ceilings. I believe that the paint job in the whole house was poor--we've slowly been repainting the entire house, but not the ceilings yet. Is this photographing, and if so do we need a skim coat, or will a decent paint job take care of the problem? If so, what kind of paint to use? Is the builder responsible for this, as the problem cropped up slightly before the one year warranty expired?
if it did show up before the 1 year warranty I hope you contacted him right away,if not i'd be doing this ASAP.Sorry don't have more info for you but you need to contact him.
Yes, I did contact him about this, and he just informed me today that he is "done" with us as far as this house is concerned. He says that I am expecting perfection where perfection is not possible. These joints are visible from about 20 feet away! I don't think I'm expecting perfection, just a decent looking home. I'm having a disagreement with him regarding a tile floor we've been having problems with since two months after we moved in as well. Getting pretty discouraged.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight