Need help with drywall joints
One year after moving into our newly-constructed home, we have drywall joints which are beginning to show up in the ceilings only. They feel smooth to the touch. We have a smooth finish on drywall ceilings. I believe that the paint job in the whole house was poor--we've slowly been repainting the entire house, but not the ceilings yet. Is this photographing, and if so do we need a skim coat, or will a decent paint job take care of the problem? If so, what kind of paint to use? Is the builder responsible for this, as the problem cropped up slightly before the one year warranty expired?
if it did show up before the 1 year warranty I hope you contacted him right away,if not i'd be doing this ASAP.Sorry don't have more info for you but you need to contact him.
Yes, I did contact him about this, and he just informed me today that he is "done" with us as far as this house is concerned. He says that I am expecting perfection where perfection is not possible. These joints are visible from about 20 feet away! I don't think I'm expecting perfection, just a decent looking home. I'm having a disagreement with him regarding a tile floor we've been having problems with since two months after we moved in as well. Getting pretty discouraged.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers