1953 Plaster board interior. Paint peeling to plaster. Every wall. Must have been painted while plaster was still hot. Would like to remove the paint. Any suggestions?
Yes, every wall. Inside and outside walls. LVR, dinning, hall, bedrooms. Somtimes huge patches, somtimes little. This was my childhood home that I inherited. It was originaly oil. Now 10 million coats of latex. I would like to get walls down to plaster skim again, then seal, prime, and paint w/oil again for a nice smooth finish and soft patina. I've tryed peel away, Orange stuff. I need somthing to saturate old paint then scrape. When I painted a bedroom celing, the latex soaked old paint and it almost fell off in roller sized hunks. I did take that one down to plaster skim and painted with latex. Man......what a mess.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!