1953 Plaster board interior. Paint peeling to plaster. Every wall. Must have been painted while plaster was still hot. Would like to remove the paint. Any suggestions?
Yes, every wall. Inside and outside walls. LVR, dinning, hall, bedrooms. Somtimes huge patches, somtimes little. This was my childhood home that I inherited. It was originaly oil. Now 10 million coats of latex. I would like to get walls down to plaster skim again, then seal, prime, and paint w/oil again for a nice smooth finish and soft patina. I've tryed peel away, Orange stuff. I need somthing to saturate old paint then scrape. When I painted a bedroom celing, the latex soaked old paint and it almost fell off in roller sized hunks. I did take that one down to plaster skim and painted with latex. Man......what a mess.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes