1953 Plaster board interior. Paint peeling to plaster. Every wall. Must have been painted while plaster was still hot. Would like to remove the paint. Any suggestions?
Yes, every wall. Inside and outside walls. LVR, dinning, hall, bedrooms. Somtimes huge patches, somtimes little. This was my childhood home that I inherited. It was originaly oil. Now 10 million coats of latex. I would like to get walls down to plaster skim again, then seal, prime, and paint w/oil again for a nice smooth finish and soft patina. I've tryed peel away, Orange stuff. I need somthing to saturate old paint then scrape. When I painted a bedroom celing, the latex soaked old paint and it almost fell off in roller sized hunks. I did take that one down to plaster skim and painted with latex. Man......what a mess.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!