I have a small bedroom with few windows that I'd like to brighten and enlarge with painting techniques. It is to be a nursery. Any suggestions re: color, texture, technique??
Light colors on the ceiling lift it up to feel like a larger space. I would stay with warm tones, rather than cold ones. If it's a nursery, it might also be nice to paint trimwork white for a little pop. We live in Seattle and changed our living room from a cold light blue to a warm cream tone. It was amazing how much brighter it seemed. As far as faux techniques, I don't have any suggestions, but a mural might make the space feel larger as your eye gets lost in the scene. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!