We have lots of moldings and a staircase that need to be stripped of 80 years of paint. Obviously we don't want to take it down and outside, and of course the staircase can't be taken outside, in order to use a caustic stripper such as Strypease or Park's Stripper. Does anyone know of a stripper that can be used indoors that works? One that is a gel and won't run or drip. Thanks.
There are many brands of safe paint removers but they are going to work slower than the ones not labeled as safe. But it is proably worth it not having to breath thoes fumes. As far as brand I would just buy a small size of a couple of diffrent brands and see which one works the best before undertaking the entire job.
My husband and I bought a house two years ago. It was built in 1910. We have spent the past two years stripping all of the doors, moldings, trim, the staircase, and door frames. It is a big job! We like the stripper from Lowe's the best. They only have one brand..I think it's KLEAN STRIP, but not for sure. We bought both the paste and then there is a liquid. We put two coats of paste on, that got the big chunks. We used a scraper and newspaper. Then we used steel wool and old rags with the liquid to finish it. The stripper worked well, and wasn't too bad for smell! Good Luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects