We have lots of moldings and a staircase that need to be stripped of 80 years of paint. Obviously we don't want to take it down and outside, and of course the staircase can't be taken outside, in order to use a caustic stripper such as Strypease or Park's Stripper. Does anyone know of a stripper that can be used indoors that works? One that is a gel and won't run or drip. Thanks.
There are many brands of safe paint removers but they are going to work slower than the ones not labeled as safe. But it is proably worth it not having to breath thoes fumes. As far as brand I would just buy a small size of a couple of diffrent brands and see which one works the best before undertaking the entire job.
My husband and I bought a house two years ago. It was built in 1910. We have spent the past two years stripping all of the doors, moldings, trim, the staircase, and door frames. It is a big job! We like the stripper from Lowe's the best. They only have one brand..I think it's KLEAN STRIP, but not for sure. We bought both the paste and then there is a liquid. We put two coats of paste on, that got the big chunks. We used a scraper and newspaper. Then we used steel wool and old rags with the liquid to finish it. The stripper worked well, and wasn't too bad for smell! Good Luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!