We have lots of moldings and a staircase that need to be stripped of 80 years of paint. Obviously we don't want to take it down and outside, and of course the staircase can't be taken outside, in order to use a caustic stripper such as Strypease or Park's Stripper. Does anyone know of a stripper that can be used indoors that works? One that is a gel and won't run or drip. Thanks.
There are many brands of safe paint removers but they are going to work slower than the ones not labeled as safe. But it is proably worth it not having to breath thoes fumes. As far as brand I would just buy a small size of a couple of diffrent brands and see which one works the best before undertaking the entire job.
My husband and I bought a house two years ago. It was built in 1910. We have spent the past two years stripping all of the doors, moldings, trim, the staircase, and door frames. It is a big job! We like the stripper from Lowe's the best. They only have one brand..I think it's KLEAN STRIP, but not for sure. We bought both the paste and then there is a liquid. We put two coats of paste on, that got the big chunks. We used a scraper and newspaper. Then we used steel wool and old rags with the liquid to finish it. The stripper worked well, and wasn't too bad for smell! Good Luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes