We have lots of moldings and a staircase that need to be stripped of 80 years of paint. Obviously we don't want to take it down and outside, and of course the staircase can't be taken outside, in order to use a caustic stripper such as Strypease or Park's Stripper. Does anyone know of a stripper that can be used indoors that works? One that is a gel and won't run or drip. Thanks.
There are many brands of safe paint removers but they are going to work slower than the ones not labeled as safe. But it is proably worth it not having to breath thoes fumes. As far as brand I would just buy a small size of a couple of diffrent brands and see which one works the best before undertaking the entire job.
My husband and I bought a house two years ago. It was built in 1910. We have spent the past two years stripping all of the doors, moldings, trim, the staircase, and door frames. It is a big job! We like the stripper from Lowe's the best. They only have one brand..I think it's KLEAN STRIP, but not for sure. We bought both the paste and then there is a liquid. We put two coats of paste on, that got the big chunks. We used a scraper and newspaper. Then we used steel wool and old rags with the liquid to finish it. The stripper worked well, and wasn't too bad for smell! Good Luck!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!