I have a ceiling that has rough trowel like finish. It looks like someone wiped off their paint brushes in one spot. Is it OK to paint the ceiling? Can I use a typical flat white paint, using the typical procedure for painting a ceiling? Or, will the ceilng loose its charm with the trowel markings being filled in?
It would take many coats of paint to fill in the texture on your ceiling. The paint to use will be one designed for ceilings as they dry flatter than regular wall paints and look better on a textured on smooth ceiling. You will need to use a long nap roller such as a 1" or 1 1/4". If the ceiling has not been painted it will most likely take 2 coats to get an even finish.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!