I have 6" channel siding around my 20 year old home. the south side that has absolutely no shade has weathered severely in the middle portion. A lot of the wood on the south (back side) of the house shows very little weathering and I would like to replace just the bad portions. How doable is this? What would the costs be to have it contracted? One contractor told me he would only do the entire side, to make sure everything "lined up" better.
Should I partially replace the cedar with something ...
homemade cedar shingles for siding
To Screw or not to Screw (cedar)
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!