I am replacing a portion of 6" channel cedar on my painted house. I am wondering if it is better (or ok) to use decking screws. Or should I only use stainless steel or some sort of nail that has a screw in it. I was told screws will resist pulling out of the wood as time goes on. Since I am painting the wood, does it really matter? Which won't stain the best? Do decking screws (colored) stain or rust in the wood? Thanks for the help.
ceilings to strap or not to strap
To settle or not to settle... that is the question..
To Shutter or Not to Shutter? If Yes, What Size?
to curb or not
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!