I am replacing a portion of 6" channel cedar on my painted house. I am wondering if it is better (or ok) to use decking screws. Or should I only use stainless steel or some sort of nail that has a screw in it. I was told screws will resist pulling out of the wood as time goes on. Since I am painting the wood, does it really matter? Which won't stain the best? Do decking screws (colored) stain or rust in the wood? Thanks for the help.
ceilings to strap or not to strap
To settle or not to settle... that is the question..
To Shutter or Not to Shutter? If Yes, What Size?
to curb or not
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight