I am replacing a portion of 6" channel cedar on my painted house. I am wondering if it is better (or ok) to use decking screws. Or should I only use stainless steel or some sort of nail that has a screw in it. I was told screws will resist pulling out of the wood as time goes on. Since I am painting the wood, does it really matter? Which won't stain the best? Do decking screws (colored) stain or rust in the wood? Thanks for the help.
ceilings to strap or not to strap
To settle or not to settle... that is the question..
To Shutter or Not to Shutter? If Yes, What Size?
to curb or not
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!