Hi, I want to paint the walls in our kitchen and laundry room in our 8 year old manufactured home.They are covered in cheap wallpaperthat I cannot remove. After I clean the walls do I need to sand them or texture them? Do I need to use a special paint? What about the windowsills,it is also covered in white wallpaper that the kids have picked at and is pealing off.I also want to paint them.
Any advice would be appreciated.
If the wallpaper has a paper backing you will need to prime it with an oil based primer to lock it down on the wall and then finish with your choice of latex paint. Be sure that the surface is clean before you start painting as this is a step alot of people skip. I like amonia and water because it does not leave a residue like alot of cleaner do.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love