I have been searching a lot for how to paint over a faux finish. There is tons of information on how to do these techniques, but not on how to remove them, or paint over them.
I would like to repaint my bathroom, but the previous owner of my house used the feather dusting technique. However, she did this on all the walls, the ceiling, the back of the bathroom (wooden) door, and even into the shower area - directly onto the tiles....
Any help on where to start with this would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to sand the walls, scrape the tiles, and eventually replace the door. Is there any better way?? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!