I have been searching a lot for how to paint over a faux finish. There is tons of information on how to do these techniques, but not on how to remove them, or paint over them.
I would like to repaint my bathroom, but the previous owner of my house used the feather dusting technique. However, she did this on all the walls, the ceiling, the back of the bathroom (wooden) door, and even into the shower area - directly onto the tiles....
Any help on where to start with this would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to sand the walls, scrape the tiles, and eventually replace the door. Is there any better way?? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!