I have been searching a lot for how to paint over a faux finish. There is tons of information on how to do these techniques, but not on how to remove them, or paint over them.
I would like to repaint my bathroom, but the previous owner of my house used the feather dusting technique. However, she did this on all the walls, the ceiling, the back of the bathroom (wooden) door, and even into the shower area - directly onto the tiles....
Any help on where to start with this would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to sand the walls, scrape the tiles, and eventually replace the door. Is there any better way?? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love