I have been searching a lot for how to paint over a faux finish. There is tons of information on how to do these techniques, but not on how to remove them, or paint over them.
I would like to repaint my bathroom, but the previous owner of my house used the feather dusting technique. However, she did this on all the walls, the ceiling, the back of the bathroom (wooden) door, and even into the shower area - directly onto the tiles....
Any help on where to start with this would be appreciated. The only thing I can think of is to sand the walls, scrape the tiles, and eventually replace the door. Is there any better way?? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects