We are repainting a bedroom. We patched holes in the wall. Waited about 2 days and then painted. Everything seemed to be fine until we put painters tape on the wall to paint stripes. (This was about another 2 days later) As we were pulling the tape off, the paint just peeled off everywhere we had patched. It was like a big bubble of paint that never did adhere. Any suggestions?
There are two things going on here. First you most likely used the wrong type of tape as you need to use safe release tape and not regular masking tape to do this on new paint, and second it takes acrylic/latex paints at least 30 days to cure and acheive full adhesion.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Sap oozing up through paint on new porch floor-help!!
Paint Problem Above Shower Stall
Help w/paint blistering or bubbling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!