Due to an ice dam on our roof we experienced a leak through our ceiling.The cause of the problem has been fixed but,as a result, we now have water stains on our plastered ceiling. We have a sculptured texture on the ceiling so painting over the stains will cover up the look of the ceiling. We cannot replaster the ceiling because then the stains will show through and apparently if we paint and then plaster, the plaster will not stick. To sum up, is there a way to get rid of the stains without painting so that we are able to replaster?
You will need to use an oil based stain killer such as Zinsser Cover Stain to seal in the water stain. I can't imagine that a couple of coats of paint would fill in the texture on your ceiling.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!