Has anyone ever done it? I'd love some input!
YES. Conklin makes an elastomeric paint product. You can get more information on it from their website.
Yes,and with good success get your self a metal to metal primer then top coat with whatever you want.
Sure you can paint the steel siding. The main thing you need to do is get it clean and remove the chalked up paint that is surely there. You will need to use a house wash made for this purpose and a power washer and you may have to wash it twice to get all or most of the chalk off. In most cases you can use an exterior acrylic primer if no chalk is left on the surface but if chalk still remains you will need to use an alkyd metal primer. The finish paint should be an acrylic and either satin, semi-gloss or gloss depending on your taste and remember that 2 coats of finish over the primer will last longer. Your local paint store can help you out with this project.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!