Backerboard for vinyl siding
1. Is the existing wood in good shape? If not, REMOVE IT!!!!
2. If you leave it on, will the J-channel on the new siding stick out past the window/door trim? If so, you will then have to build it out, and wrap it in aluminum trim coil, which is not easy for a homeowner.
What I am trying to say is, "It may be a bit more work, but in most cases removing it will be easier in the long run."
Hardy Plank or Vinyl Siding?
Looking for Bird Vinyl Siding
Craneboard Insulated Vinyl siding question
Looking for discontinued vinyl siding - please help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!