Backerboard for vinyl siding
1. Is the existing wood in good shape? If not, REMOVE IT!!!!
2. If you leave it on, will the J-channel on the new siding stick out past the window/door trim? If so, you will then have to build it out, and wrap it in aluminum trim coil, which is not easy for a homeowner.
What I am trying to say is, "It may be a bit more work, but in most cases removing it will be easier in the long run."
Hardy Plank or Vinyl Siding?
Looking for Bird Vinyl Siding
Looking for discontinued vinyl siding - please help!
rotted wood and vinyl siding
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers