Backerboard for vinyl siding
1. Is the existing wood in good shape? If not, REMOVE IT!!!!
2. If you leave it on, will the J-channel on the new siding stick out past the window/door trim? If so, you will then have to build it out, and wrap it in aluminum trim coil, which is not easy for a homeowner.
What I am trying to say is, "It may be a bit more work, but in most cases removing it will be easier in the long run."
Hardy Plank or Vinyl Siding?
Looking for Bird Vinyl Siding
Craneboard Insulated Vinyl siding question
Looking for discontinued vinyl siding - please help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!