I, like so many others, have drywall damage from removing old wallpaper. Unfortunately, the damage is not contained to one wall, but to 3 rooms. Hence my need to find an easier solution than mudding and sanding and mudding and sanding. I have discovered via internet Liquid Drywall primer-repair-sealer. It is manufactured by Roman Adhesives out of Illinois. My dilema is that I cannot find a retailer that sells it. I am located in KS and am willing to have it shipped to me. If anyone out there knows if this works and where I can find it, please let me know. I am already familiar with Gardz and am looking for other alternatives.
The Gardz product is great and we sell many gallons of it. It does not eliminate the mudding and sanding process but sticks the face paper of the drywall down to make the mudding easier. I don't know of a way to get around this process. This is why I tell people when they are removing wall paper and it pulls the face paper off the drywall to stop and primer the wallpaper with an oil based primer and paint over it. It will become one with the wall and that is assuming that it was tight to start with.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight