Does anyone know what Suede paint works best?
I can't seem to find any reviews on sherwin-williams soft suede paint in terms of coverage and overall quality. As well, I've heard mixed reviews about Ralph Lauren's Suede paint. From the RL reviews I've read, it seems the pro's hate RL and amateurs don't seem to have any trouble with it??
WHICH ONE IS BEST??
I used Sherwin Williams Soft Suede in "Gourd" color. It took 4 plus coats but was kinda fun. However, the result is very subtle, not what I was looking for. I think in darker colors the result would be better. I am having can ceiling lights installed and think I'll see more texture with downlighting like that. I can't compare to RL suede. I did use RL sand paint and would never use it again. It was torture to apply and there's no way to blend edging and what you roll. Once dry it's impossible to clean off smudges, etc. I wonder if RL Suede would have similar problems?
I used Valspar Brushed Suede paint (got it at Lowe's) with very good results. I like a very subtle effect and this is what I got - I forget the name of the color but it's a tan/sand-type tone. Looks great in my family room.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects