Does anyone know what Suede paint works best?
I can't seem to find any reviews on sherwin-williams soft suede paint in terms of coverage and overall quality. As well, I've heard mixed reviews about Ralph Lauren's Suede paint. From the RL reviews I've read, it seems the pro's hate RL and amateurs don't seem to have any trouble with it??
WHICH ONE IS BEST??
I used Sherwin Williams Soft Suede in "Gourd" color. It took 4 plus coats but was kinda fun. However, the result is very subtle, not what I was looking for. I think in darker colors the result would be better. I am having can ceiling lights installed and think I'll see more texture with downlighting like that. I can't compare to RL suede. I did use RL sand paint and would never use it again. It was torture to apply and there's no way to blend edging and what you roll. Once dry it's impossible to clean off smudges, etc. I wonder if RL Suede would have similar problems?
I used Valspar Brushed Suede paint (got it at Lowe's) with very good results. I like a very subtle effect and this is what I got - I forget the name of the color but it's a tan/sand-type tone. Looks great in my family room.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers