Does anyone know what Suede paint works best?
I can't seem to find any reviews on sherwin-williams soft suede paint in terms of coverage and overall quality. As well, I've heard mixed reviews about Ralph Lauren's Suede paint. From the RL reviews I've read, it seems the pro's hate RL and amateurs don't seem to have any trouble with it??
WHICH ONE IS BEST??
I used Sherwin Williams Soft Suede in "Gourd" color. It took 4 plus coats but was kinda fun. However, the result is very subtle, not what I was looking for. I think in darker colors the result would be better. I am having can ceiling lights installed and think I'll see more texture with downlighting like that. I can't compare to RL suede. I did use RL sand paint and would never use it again. It was torture to apply and there's no way to blend edging and what you roll. Once dry it's impossible to clean off smudges, etc. I wonder if RL Suede would have similar problems?
I used Valspar Brushed Suede paint (got it at Lowe's) with very good results. I like a very subtle effect and this is what I got - I forget the name of the color but it's a tan/sand-type tone. Looks great in my family room.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates