Does anyone know what Suede paint works best?
I can't seem to find any reviews on sherwin-williams soft suede paint in terms of coverage and overall quality. As well, I've heard mixed reviews about Ralph Lauren's Suede paint. From the RL reviews I've read, it seems the pro's hate RL and amateurs don't seem to have any trouble with it??
WHICH ONE IS BEST??
I used Sherwin Williams Soft Suede in "Gourd" color. It took 4 plus coats but was kinda fun. However, the result is very subtle, not what I was looking for. I think in darker colors the result would be better. I am having can ceiling lights installed and think I'll see more texture with downlighting like that. I can't compare to RL suede. I did use RL sand paint and would never use it again. It was torture to apply and there's no way to blend edging and what you roll. Once dry it's impossible to clean off smudges, etc. I wonder if RL Suede would have similar problems?
I used Valspar Brushed Suede paint (got it at Lowe's) with very good results. I like a very subtle effect and this is what I got - I forget the name of the color but it's a tan/sand-type tone. Looks great in my family room.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight