I bought a 10 year old home and I suspect the interior has not been painted since it was built. The existing paint is a flat latex.
Due to crayon and permenant marker on the walls along with a noxious order (the previous owners indulged in cannibas sativa)I decided to use a primer sealer on all the wall surfaces before I apply paint.
I'm priming the first bedroom and it seems the walls just suck in the primer, it looks like it needs a second coat, especially where two walls meet (where ever I have to do cut in work).
Since this will probably be my last home I want to do a good job. Should I apply a second coat of primer/sealer until it looks even?
For applying the primer sealer I am using rather cheap rollers ( I hate clean up, just throw them out at the end of a sessions) could this the cause of poor coverage?
I don't want to waste money on second coats, I have a whole house to do, please any suggestions ?
First off one coat of primer is all you need as primers are not designed to cover well as they are designed to prime and seal the surface and the finish paint does the covering. That said you may need to use a different primer if you are lookin to block and hold back an odor and that will be a pigmented shellac such as Zinsser BIN. This primer will hold back the odor, seal the old paint and act as a stain killer.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
Age of Kenmore Washer
do I need more power in my attic?
removed wallpaper...now what?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps