I bought a 10 year old home and I suspect the interior has not been painted since it was built. The existing paint is a flat latex.
Due to crayon and permenant marker on the walls along with a noxious order (the previous owners indulged in cannibas sativa)I decided to use a primer sealer on all the wall surfaces before I apply paint.
I'm priming the first bedroom and it seems the walls just suck in the primer, it looks like it needs a second coat, especially where two walls meet (where ever I have to do cut in work).
Since this will probably be my last home I want to do a good job. Should I apply a second coat of primer/sealer until it looks even?
For applying the primer sealer I am using rather cheap rollers ( I hate clean up, just throw them out at the end of a sessions) could this the cause of poor coverage?
I don't want to waste money on second coats, I have a whole house to do, please any suggestions ?
First off one coat of primer is all you need as primers are not designed to cover well as they are designed to prime and seal the surface and the finish paint does the covering. That said you may need to use a different primer if you are lookin to block and hold back an odor and that will be a pigmented shellac such as Zinsser BIN. This primer will hold back the odor, seal the old paint and act as a stain killer.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
Age of Kenmore Washer
do I need more power in my attic?
removed wallpaper...now what?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes