I bought a 10 year old home and I suspect the interior has not been painted since it was built. The existing paint is a flat latex.
Due to crayon and permenant marker on the walls along with a noxious order (the previous owners indulged in cannibas sativa)I decided to use a primer sealer on all the wall surfaces before I apply paint.
I'm priming the first bedroom and it seems the walls just suck in the primer, it looks like it needs a second coat, especially where two walls meet (where ever I have to do cut in work).
Since this will probably be my last home I want to do a good job. Should I apply a second coat of primer/sealer until it looks even?
For applying the primer sealer I am using rather cheap rollers ( I hate clean up, just throw them out at the end of a sessions) could this the cause of poor coverage?
I don't want to waste money on second coats, I have a whole house to do, please any suggestions ?
First off one coat of primer is all you need as primers are not designed to cover well as they are designed to prime and seal the surface and the finish paint does the covering. That said you may need to use a different primer if you are lookin to block and hold back an odor and that will be a pigmented shellac such as Zinsser BIN. This primer will hold back the odor, seal the old paint and act as a stain killer.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
Age of Kenmore Washer
do I need more power in my attic?
removed wallpaper...now what?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING