I bought a 10 year old home and I suspect the interior has not been painted since it was built. The existing paint is a flat latex.
Due to crayon and permenant marker on the walls along with a noxious order (the previous owners indulged in cannibas sativa)I decided to use a primer sealer on all the wall surfaces before I apply paint.
I'm priming the first bedroom and it seems the walls just suck in the primer, it looks like it needs a second coat, especially where two walls meet (where ever I have to do cut in work).
Since this will probably be my last home I want to do a good job. Should I apply a second coat of primer/sealer until it looks even?
For applying the primer sealer I am using rather cheap rollers ( I hate clean up, just throw them out at the end of a sessions) could this the cause of poor coverage?
I don't want to waste money on second coats, I have a whole house to do, please any suggestions ?
First off one coat of primer is all you need as primers are not designed to cover well as they are designed to prime and seal the surface and the finish paint does the covering. That said you may need to use a different primer if you are lookin to block and hold back an odor and that will be a pigmented shellac such as Zinsser BIN. This primer will hold back the odor, seal the old paint and act as a stain killer.
Hope this helps out.
Hope this helps out.
Should I cover insulation in unfinished basement if ...
Age of Kenmore Washer
do I need more power in my attic?
removed wallpaper...now what?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- Best Solutions for Every Messy Kitchen Drawer
- 8 DIY Storage Ideas for a Closet-less Room
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- The Toilets of Tomorrow