I have a house that is about 90 years old and wish to paint the living room walls. Currently on the walls covering plaster is two coats of wallpaper and a coat of paint on top of those. The plaster does have some small cracks as well.
Is the best thing to do to remove the wall paper with a paper tiger and vinegar or is there something (wallpaper) I can put over the whole thing to take the easy way out and then paint?
asbestos under old wallpaper?
removing old wallpaper glue
Layer of Drywall paper torn off (wallpaper removal)
Can you primer over wallpaper paint?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects