I have never painted before and I want to paint the interior of my home. I was wondering what would be the best brand and type to use. I have two dogs that are indoor/outdoor and I need to able to wash spots that they tend to rub against. I am not looking to spend a lot on paint, but I also don't want to use bad paint. Can you give me approximate prices for paint?
Also, any web resources for advice on painting or general tips are welcome.
Regards finding good paint brand---I would suggest you check out the rating of interior paints by that well-known outfit that REPORTS on various CONSUMER products. Regards durability, I have found that it is VERY important to choose the right finish. By finish I mean "Flat", "Stain" (sometimes called "Eggshell"), or Semi-gloss. Finish is really up to you; however, I have found that "Flat" is not as durable and does not clean as easily as Satin and/or Semi-gloss finishes. I like Satin or Eggshell. So, once you find a quality paint brand, spend time carefully choosing the finish that you will be able to live with---- Also, finshes may vary from brand to brand (e.g., one company's "Stain" may be shinnier than another company's "Satin"). So, again take time choosing a finish as well as a brand. Good Luck. Jim S.
You should go to a paint store to get the best advice and service as if you go to one of those big box stores you may not get that. You should use at least an eggshell finish on your walls to get the washablity that you will need and expect to pay around $25 a gallon and if you find one way cheaper it is that price for a reason. If you buy one that dose not hold up and you have to do it again sooner you have not saved any money at all.
Good luck on your project.
Good luck on your project.
House needs an interior make-over! HELP!
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
painting over backing paper from wallpaper removal...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!