I have never painted before and I want to paint the interior of my home. I was wondering what would be the best brand and type to use. I have two dogs that are indoor/outdoor and I need to able to wash spots that they tend to rub against. I am not looking to spend a lot on paint, but I also don't want to use bad paint. Can you give me approximate prices for paint?
Also, any web resources for advice on painting or general tips are welcome.
Regards finding good paint brand---I would suggest you check out the rating of interior paints by that well-known outfit that REPORTS on various CONSUMER products. Regards durability, I have found that it is VERY important to choose the right finish. By finish I mean "Flat", "Stain" (sometimes called "Eggshell"), or Semi-gloss. Finish is really up to you; however, I have found that "Flat" is not as durable and does not clean as easily as Satin and/or Semi-gloss finishes. I like Satin or Eggshell. So, once you find a quality paint brand, spend time carefully choosing the finish that you will be able to live with---- Also, finshes may vary from brand to brand (e.g., one company's "Stain" may be shinnier than another company's "Satin"). So, again take time choosing a finish as well as a brand. Good Luck. Jim S.
You should go to a paint store to get the best advice and service as if you go to one of those big box stores you may not get that. You should use at least an eggshell finish on your walls to get the washablity that you will need and expect to pay around $25 a gallon and if you find one way cheaper it is that price for a reason. If you buy one that dose not hold up and you have to do it again sooner you have not saved any money at all.
Good luck on your project.
Good luck on your project.
House needs an interior make-over! HELP!
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
painting over backing paper from wallpaper removal...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates