I have never painted before and I want to paint the interior of my home. I was wondering what would be the best brand and type to use. I have two dogs that are indoor/outdoor and I need to able to wash spots that they tend to rub against. I am not looking to spend a lot on paint, but I also don't want to use bad paint. Can you give me approximate prices for paint?
Also, any web resources for advice on painting or general tips are welcome.
Regards finding good paint brand---I would suggest you check out the rating of interior paints by that well-known outfit that REPORTS on various CONSUMER products. Regards durability, I have found that it is VERY important to choose the right finish. By finish I mean "Flat", "Stain" (sometimes called "Eggshell"), or Semi-gloss. Finish is really up to you; however, I have found that "Flat" is not as durable and does not clean as easily as Satin and/or Semi-gloss finishes. I like Satin or Eggshell. So, once you find a quality paint brand, spend time carefully choosing the finish that you will be able to live with---- Also, finshes may vary from brand to brand (e.g., one company's "Stain" may be shinnier than another company's "Satin"). So, again take time choosing a finish as well as a brand. Good Luck. Jim S.
You should go to a paint store to get the best advice and service as if you go to one of those big box stores you may not get that. You should use at least an eggshell finish on your walls to get the washablity that you will need and expect to pay around $25 a gallon and if you find one way cheaper it is that price for a reason. If you buy one that dose not hold up and you have to do it again sooner you have not saved any money at all.
Good luck on your project.
Good luck on your project.
House needs an interior make-over! HELP!
Get this paint off my brick fireplace!!!
painting over backing paper from wallpaper removal...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING