THe joys of wallpaper. We have a home that has OLD wallpaper in a bathroom. The walls were NOT prepped for wallpaper and we have peeled other rooms with this same problem. A HUGE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! This wallpaper is NOT coming off easy. I have used Diff, vinegar and water, you name it, in the past,
Can we paint with a water based paint over this wallpaper??? A base paint and then the color that we want??? Thoughts???
OR, do we rent a steamer and that will save us BIG headaches????
If the wallpaper is on the wall tight and it seems to be, all you need to do is prime it with an oil based primer and then apply the finish paint of your choice.
My wallpaper was old, probably 20 yrs. It was on the wall very well. No peeling, no bubbles, etc. I wasn't about to remove this crap. I primed over with sherwin williams OIL based primer, then did a faux suede textured finish. It looks great. The textured finish really hides any imperfections, as well as the seems. You cannot tell in any way that there is wallpaper underneath that paint.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight