THe joys of wallpaper. We have a home that has OLD wallpaper in a bathroom. The walls were NOT prepped for wallpaper and we have peeled other rooms with this same problem. A HUGE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! This wallpaper is NOT coming off easy. I have used Diff, vinegar and water, you name it, in the past,
Can we paint with a water based paint over this wallpaper??? A base paint and then the color that we want??? Thoughts???
OR, do we rent a steamer and that will save us BIG headaches????
If the wallpaper is on the wall tight and it seems to be, all you need to do is prime it with an oil based primer and then apply the finish paint of your choice.
My wallpaper was old, probably 20 yrs. It was on the wall very well. No peeling, no bubbles, etc. I wasn't about to remove this crap. I primed over with sherwin williams OIL based primer, then did a faux suede textured finish. It looks great. The textured finish really hides any imperfections, as well as the seems. You cannot tell in any way that there is wallpaper underneath that paint.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers