THe joys of wallpaper. We have a home that has OLD wallpaper in a bathroom. The walls were NOT prepped for wallpaper and we have peeled other rooms with this same problem. A HUGE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! This wallpaper is NOT coming off easy. I have used Diff, vinegar and water, you name it, in the past,
Can we paint with a water based paint over this wallpaper??? A base paint and then the color that we want??? Thoughts???
OR, do we rent a steamer and that will save us BIG headaches????
If the wallpaper is on the wall tight and it seems to be, all you need to do is prime it with an oil based primer and then apply the finish paint of your choice.
My wallpaper was old, probably 20 yrs. It was on the wall very well. No peeling, no bubbles, etc. I wasn't about to remove this crap. I primed over with sherwin williams OIL based primer, then did a faux suede textured finish. It looks great. The textured finish really hides any imperfections, as well as the seems. You cannot tell in any way that there is wallpaper underneath that paint.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love