THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF MY HOUSE REMOVED WALL PAPER AND FAILED TO REMOVE THE GLUE BEFORE PAINTING OVER WITH A GLOSSY PAINT. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE WALLS LOOK TERRIBLY LUMPY. IS THE BEST WAY TO REMOVE THIS TO JUST SAND IT DOWN. WILL I EVEN BE ABLE TO SAND THROUGH THE PAINT OR IS IT BEST TO JUST REDRYWALL THE ENTIRE BATHROOM?
You will have to judge whether the effort is greater for repair, or replacement. To repair this wall, start by using a scraper to knock down any high spots, follow with light sanding (power palm sander) just to take off gloss. I would skim-coat and sand the entire wall flat, then repaint. New drywall is an option, but bath fixtures often make the job more difficult.
lousy job - wallpaper w/ paint on it - what now?
Painting over Wall Liner
wall paper over wall paper or paint over wall paper
Removing contact paper glue
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes