Hope I can get a bit of advice...
Two years I had some builders in my house, who built a few new brick walls, then plastered and painted them. In the months since then, all of the new walls that they build now have cracks in the plaster, along the lines of the bricks. (the existing walls that they also re-plastered/painted don't have these cracks)
It's clear to me that the builders didn't do their work properly, but I'm not sure of how to prevent this happening again. So I hope someome can help with these questions...
1. After building a new brick wall, is it necessary to wait a few days, before starting plastering? (and if so, how may days?)
2. Whats't the correct procedure for building then plastering/painting new walls to avoid cracks in the paint/plaster like this.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!