Hope I can get a bit of advice...
Two years I had some builders in my house, who built a few new brick walls, then plastered and painted them. In the months since then, all of the new walls that they build now have cracks in the plaster, along the lines of the bricks. (the existing walls that they also re-plastered/painted don't have these cracks)
It's clear to me that the builders didn't do their work properly, but I'm not sure of how to prevent this happening again. So I hope someome can help with these questions...
1. After building a new brick wall, is it necessary to wait a few days, before starting plastering? (and if so, how may days?)
2. Whats't the correct procedure for building then plastering/painting new walls to avoid cracks in the paint/plaster like this.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!