Hope I can get a bit of advice...
Two years I had some builders in my house, who built a few new brick walls, then plastered and painted them. In the months since then, all of the new walls that they build now have cracks in the plaster, along the lines of the bricks. (the existing walls that they also re-plastered/painted don't have these cracks)
It's clear to me that the builders didn't do their work properly, but I'm not sure of how to prevent this happening again. So I hope someome can help with these questions...
1. After building a new brick wall, is it necessary to wait a few days, before starting plastering? (and if so, how may days?)
2. Whats't the correct procedure for building then plastering/painting new walls to avoid cracks in the paint/plaster like this.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!