Hope I can get a bit of advice...
Two years I had some builders in my house, who built a few new brick walls, then plastered and painted them. In the months since then, all of the new walls that they build now have cracks in the plaster, along the lines of the bricks. (the existing walls that they also re-plastered/painted don't have these cracks)
It's clear to me that the builders didn't do their work properly, but I'm not sure of how to prevent this happening again. So I hope someome can help with these questions...
1. After building a new brick wall, is it necessary to wait a few days, before starting plastering? (and if so, how may days?)
2. Whats't the correct procedure for building then plastering/painting new walls to avoid cracks in the paint/plaster like this.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips