Hope I can get a bit of advice...
Two years I had some builders in my house, who built a few new brick walls, then plastered and painted them. In the months since then, all of the new walls that they build now have cracks in the plaster, along the lines of the bricks. (the existing walls that they also re-plastered/painted don't have these cracks)
It's clear to me that the builders didn't do their work properly, but I'm not sure of how to prevent this happening again. So I hope someome can help with these questions...
1. After building a new brick wall, is it necessary to wait a few days, before starting plastering? (and if so, how may days?)
2. Whats't the correct procedure for building then plastering/painting new walls to avoid cracks in the paint/plaster like this.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects